Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A fall day in Budapest.

I have really come to treasure the days I have here in Budapest between our many travels. The weeks seem to be getting shorter and shorter and i hate to think my time here is more than half over.

Here is a glimpse of my fall afternoon yesterday, starting with what is left of the leaves on the trees outside our dorm.



After leaving the gate of our dorm I walk down Temesvar Utca, my lovely street, under a tunnel of trees and past a little coffee shop run by a smiley couple that we all frequent quite often.
At the end of my street I catch the tram and ride it about 15 minuets to the Danube. From here you can see colorful trees on Gellert Hill and the Citadell looking over the city from the top of the hill.


After getting of the tram I walk across this bridge (which is not as pleasant as it sounds due to massive construction). On the other side of the river you can see the huge historic building of Corvinus University, where I take a marketing class on Wednesday nights.



Conveniently located next to Corvinus is the Great Market constantly bustling with tourists and locals, where I bought ot alma and fel kilo paradicom...

...before meeting up with these lovely ladies to study for our Hungarian Politics midterm that night in a cute little cafe. I definintely treasure these relaxing afternoons in this city which now feels like home.

No comments: