Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Praha to meet my Mamma.











Two weeks ago I jumped on a train headed to the magical city of Prague. With the help of many kind strangers I found my way to the hotel where my mom and her friend were passed out on their beds waiting for my arrival. The three of us then spent the next few days exploring all the charm that Prague has to offer. We got a great tour of the old town and jewish district from a rather eccentric old actor, saw an amazing modern ballet, ate at some fantastic restaurants, drank plenty of decilious hot wine, and wandered across the Charles Bridge and up to the castle and breathtaking St. Vitus Cathedral. This city was so captivating with its intimate, charming, and clean streets.










While in the Czech Republic we took a little side trip and spent a day and night in the tiny town of Chesky Krumlov. Walking around the cobblestone streets and beautiful caslte of this picturesque village I felt like I had entered a fairytale. It was such a treat to stay in lovely hotels and charming pensions with breakfast and coffee waiting for you in the morning... oh the pleasures of traveling with your mom.

No comments: